Now, if you're like me, I drink a lot of coffee and water throughout the day...which means I pee a lot!...which means I'm in the bathroom many times a day.
My goal here is to never have to take time out of my day to clean the whole bathroom down. I hate cleaning the bathroom! I end up all sweaty and my back hurts and then I'm cranky. Which then makes hubby cranky and my kids cranky, which makes me even more cranky. See...it's not worth it!
So here's what I've been doing and hope to continue to do. Like I've mentioned before...it's all about consistency!
First off, get a cleaner just for the bathroom. Whether it's a small squirt bottle, old hairspray bottle, etc, fill it up with whatever cleaner you use. Get one for each bathroom. I personally like Lysol Multi Surface - the lemon one.
AFTER TAKING A SHOWERAfter taking a shower, get a clean rag and wipe down the whole shower/tub/faucet area (I bring 2 washcloths in with me, one being for me to wipe down). Pay attention to the outside part of the tub/shower as well. If you do this consistently, especially with a germ killing spray, you won't have to actually take time out to clean it. Plus with the steam from the shower, it helps loosen up stuff making it easier to clean.
DO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING EACH TIME YOU GO TO THE BATHROOMSince I go to the bathroom so much, I figured each time I go, I can do a quick clean of something specific, then by the end of the day, the whole bathroom is clean. Doing this every day, would keep your bathroom clean without really having to add it to a schedule, a whole week on Flylady, and on and on.
1) After going to the bathroom, wipe down the whole toilet with a baby wipe, or washcloth and some cleaner. I personally don't decorate the back of my toilet because that means I have to move it to clean it (I'm lazy! lol...and...I'm worried that my little one might knock it off into the toilet!). I'm talking cleaning under the seat, down the sides of the toilet, and the base
2) Use your toilet brush and "swish and swipe" as Flylady would call it. Doing this daily prevents a ring around the toilet.
3) After drying your hands off, spray some cleaner on the towel and wipe down the sink really quick and the front of the cabinets (it helps to not have too much on the sink. I keep the necessities there (soap, toothbrushes, etc) and then I have a basket with everything else in it)
4) Empty trash (I use grocery bags from the store and as I put one in the bin and wrap the handles around the edge, I put in about 5 more on top of that in the same manner. So once I pull the top bag out, there is one already ready to go without having to do anything). Before tying up the bag, take a quick walk through the house to see if you can throw anything else away and put it in the bag
5) Spray some cleaner on a towel and wipe down the mirror and windows (if needed). Spray more cleaner on the towel and wipe down the floors. If you don't feel like getting on your hands and knees to clean the floor, spray it on the floor and drag the towel back and forth with your foot! Yup, laziness at its best!
6) Wipe down door, switchplates, door handles, toilet handle etc (this doesn't have to be daily, but often)
If you have more than one bathroom, then go pee in each one and work on these lol. If the kids are occupied, and I'm not in the middle of something, I'll do a few of these at one time. And after being consistent with it for a while, you'll notice that each task gets quicker and quicker...then you can do more than one at a time. It's so nice to walk into a bathroom that is always cleaned. And it's even nicer when you make out a cleaning schedule/routine and you can skip this room(s) all together!
Linked to: Time Warp Wife, Call Me Blessed, Growing Home, A Pause on the Path, Lessons from Ivy, Cornerstone Confessions, A Wise Woman Builds Her Home, Raising Homemakers, Women Living Well, Deep Roots at Home, Our Simple Country Life, Intentional Me, Raising Mighty Arrows, Your Thriving Family, Consider the Lilies, Finding Joy, Finding Beauty,