Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Welcome!



Welcome to Passionate and Creative Homemaking!

I would like to personally thank you for visiting my blog. I created this blog in hopes to encourage other homemakers, moms, wives, and woman in general to be the best that they can be. I love having this outlet where I can meet others who share the same passions as I do. This blog will also help keep me accountable…and God knows I need it! Lol. I hope you enjoy it here.

My Motive Behind my Blog

When I created this blog I had one motive, one passion, one goal in mind, and one direction from God. And that was to help homemakers be themselves, to let you know that you ARE okay, that you are normal, that God loves You even when you fail, and to truly encourage you in your walk with God, with your spouse, your kids, yourself and just life. 

Just imagine with me for a second (and please read the rest of this paragraph slooooowly), you’re sitting at your table with a cup of coffee, and you have no outside influence in your life. No opinions of what YOU should be doing. You are FREE to do whatever you want. FREE!!! Just think about that for a second. No one to tell you what they are doing, and then you think you should give it a try, no one to compare yourself with….it’s just you. Just you and YOUR family coexisting. It’s just you, your family, and God…that’s it. Just think about that for a minute. Can you imagine? Oh man does my heart want that freedom!

If you’re like me, you read a lot of blogs and possibly a lot of books. Now these things aren’t bad…if they were, I wouldn’t be writing one. But when they are involved with your everyday life, and affect how you think about yourself, how you think about being a mom, wife, homemaker, etc then there is a problem. All these books/blogs out there are just other people’s opinions of what the Word says. Yes, some of them can be helpful. But we need to read the Word for ourselves and let God show us what and how the scriptures can apply to our lives. 

God instructs us all differently, and thanks to blogland, MANY people share that with everyone and if you are not confident in YOURSELF, in YOUR walk with God, in yourself as a MOTHER, or a WIFE, or just a WOMEN in general, you can take what God meant for someone else, and think that’s what YOU are supposed to do, and then when it doesn’t work, you feel horrible about yourself. I had to learn the lessons of accepting who you are, your season of life, the people in your life especially the ones living with you. Pay very close attention to the influences in your life. How are they affecting you? 

I hope you can visit my blog and TRULY get encouragement to be who YOU are. I want to be able to take what YOU are and help you be better at it. Ever since we were teenagers in school, we battled with the trying to fit in just so we wouldn’t be made fun of and so we felt better about ourselves. Dear God we need to stop doing the same thing to ourselves as a grown woman with our homemaking.

There are no cliques, no bullies, no one to show off to, no one to tease you…

it’s just you, your family and God.

And that is all you need.

God bless you in your journey as a REAL Passionate and Creative Homemaker!

1 comments:

Mandy said...

Hi, I saw a link to your blog on A Wise Woman Builds Her Home. I look forward to following your blog. I love the Bible study idea. I need the accountability.